Friday, September 2, 2011

Aries Island

Monster Galaxy was released on iPhone today! ( Check it out here!)

This is Aries, one of the Zodiac Islands in the game. It was my first time drawing a map so I had fun learning to draw something I had seen a lot in games. Looking back now (a few months later), I see a lot of details missing, though given the size of the iPhone I guess it was optimal not to noodle too much on it. You could say we pumped these maps out :O



An early process shot of the island. As you can see from the square canvas, I was a total noob and forgot the resolution of the iPhone screen. Initially I had gone with a red island because Aries is a fire sign, but in the end I felt it was too harsh feeling for a starter island so I went with the green instead. (At least, it was a starter island in the initial plan)


Process shot of near the end where I added buildings and landmarks. It was fun to draw them all distorted and cute.

No comments: